Ingredients for pavlova:
- 4 egg whites
- a sprinkle of salt
- 1/4 tsp vinegar
- 3/4 cups white granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup confectioner sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
Recipe for pavlova:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, crack 4 room temperature eggs. Add a sprinkle of salt and 1/4 tsp vinegar.
- Beat the egg whites with a mixer until frothy.
- Continue beating the egg whites and gradually add in the 3/4 cups of sugar, one spoonful at a time.
- Once the egg whites form a stiff peak but are still a little grainy to the touch, add in 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- Turn the mixer back on and add in 1/4 cup confectioner sugar gradually, one spoonful at a time.
- Beat until you have stiff peaks.
- Scoop out the egg whites unto the baking sheet into 6 even circles. Use a spoon to create an indent at the top of each mini pavlova to more easily hold the topping later.
- Place the pavlovas in the 350-degree oven. Once the door is closed, immediately reduce the temperature to 200 degrees.
- However long you bake these depends a lot on your oven. Since my oven doesn’t retain heat super well, I baked mine for 2 hours and 50 mins.
- When they are done, turn off the oven and allow them to cool completely while still in the oven.
- 1 cup of honey or vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cups white granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 green apple
- Honey to drizzle on top
- Wash and dice a green apple into little pieces.
- Mix 1/2 cup white sugar with 1 tsp cinnamon.
- Coat the diced apples in the sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Mix the sugary apples into 1 cup of Greek yogurt.
Putting it together:
- Once the mini pavlovas are finished cooling completely in the oven, spoon the topping into the indents on the tops of the pavlovas.
- Drizzle with honey.
Enjoy! 🙂 ❤ xoxoxo